The American Flamingo, also known as the Caribbean Flamingo or the Greater Flamingo, is a large, bright pink bird found in the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and the northern regions of South America.
This classic unisex jersey short sleeve tee fits like a well-loved favorite. Soft cotton and quality print make users fall in love with it over and over again. These t-shirts have-ribbed knit collars to bolster shaping. The shoulders have taping for better fit over time. Dual side seams hold the garment's shape for longer.
Here are some fun facts about this fascinating bird:
- They get their unique pink color from the food they eat. The American Flamingo's diet consists mostly of shrimp, algae, and other small aquatic creatures that contain pigments called carotenoids, which turn their feathers pink.
- They are the largest of the flamingo species, standing up to 5 feet tall and weighing up to 8 pounds.
- American Flamingos have long, thin legs that allow them to wade through water and soft mud with ease. They also have webbed feet that help them swim in deeper water.
- These birds are social creatures and often gather in large groups, sometimes numbering in the thousands. They use a variety of calls and vocalizations to communicate with each other.
- American Flamingos are known for their unique breeding behavior. They build large mud nests in shallow water and both parents take turns incubating the eggs and feeding the chicks. Once hatched, the chicks will stay with their parents for up to two years before becoming independent.
.: 100% Airlume combed and ringspun cotton (fiber content may vary for different colors)
.: Light fabric (4.2 oz/yd² (142 g/m²))
.: Retail fit
.: Tear away label
.: Runs true to size
:: Size ::
These t shirts run true to size. This means that if you are normally a medium then order the medium size.
:: CARE INSTRUCTIONS ::
Turn inside out. Machine wash cold. Tumble dry low. Do not bleach. Do not iron directly on design.
:: PROCESSING/PRODUCTION TIME ::
All items are print on demand. This means that we only make your item once you have purchased it. We typically need 2-7 days to create your item(s), with more than 90% of orders being created within 3-4 days.
:: SHIPPING ::
Shipping can take from 3-10 days, depending on your location and the shipping options and upgrades that you choose. A tracking number will be included (an email with your tracking number will be sent to you as soon as your order has been shipped).
Please note that shipping times are in addition to processing times.
:: CREATOR INFO ::
This is from Jhon James Audubon’s book “Birds of America.” This is his most famous work as a Naturalist. His works are now public domain now and these are shared Courtesy of the John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove, Montgomery County Audubon Collection, and Zebra Publishing for us to all enjoy and use.