The American wigeon (Anas americana) is a medium-sized dabbling duck that is native to North America.
This classic unisex jersey short sleeve tee fits like a well-loved favorite. Soft cotton and quality print make users fall in love with it over and over again. These t-shirts have-ribbed knit collars to bolster shaping. The shoulders have taping for better fit over time. Dual side seams hold the garment's shape for longer.
Here are some fun facts about this fascinating bird:
- Appearance: American wigeons have a distinctive appearance, with a grayish-blue head, a green band on the side of their head, a white patch on their forehead, and a reddish-brown breast. They also have a pale blue-gray bill with a black tip, and their wings have a striking white patch that is visible in flight.
- Migration: American wigeons are migratory birds, and they breed in the northern parts of North America, including Alaska and Canada. During the winter months, they migrate to the southern parts of the continent, including the United States and Mexico.
- Feeding: American wigeons are dabbling ducks, which means that they feed on aquatic plants and invertebrates by tipping their head underwater and grazing on the surface. They are also known to eat seeds and agricultural crops.
- Social Behavior: American wigeons are social birds and are often seen in large flocks. They are also known to form mixed flocks with other species of ducks, such as mallards and pintails.
- Conservation Status: The American wigeon is considered a species of "Least Concern" by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). However, their populations have been declining in some areas due to habitat loss and hunting pressure. Conservation efforts are underway to protect their habitat and ensure sustainable hunting practices.
.: 100% Airlume combed and ringspun cotton (fiber content may vary for different colors)
.: Light fabric (4.2 oz/yd² (142 g/m²))
.: Retail fit
.: Tear away label
.: Runs true to size
:: Size ::
These t shirts run true to size. This means that if you are normally a medium then order the medium size.
:: CARE INSTRUCTIONS ::
Turn inside out. Machine wash cold. Tumble dry low. Do not bleach. Do not iron directly on design.
:: PROCESSING/PRODUCTION TIME ::
All items are print on demand. This means that we only make your item once you have purchased it. We typically need 2-7 days to create your item(s), with more than 90% of orders being created within 3-4 days.
:: SHIPPING ::
Shipping can take from 3-10 days, depending on your location and the shipping options and upgrades that you choose. A tracking number will be included (an email with your tracking number will be sent to you as soon as your order has been shipped).
Please note that shipping times are in addition to processing times.
:: CREATOR INFO ::
This is from Jhon James Audubon’s book “Birds of America.” This is his most famous work as a Naturalist. His works are now public domain now and these are shared Courtesy of the John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove, Montgomery County Audubon Collection, and Zebra Publishing for us to all enjoy and use.